1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Numbness Pain after PTTD surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by ocean12, Oct 14, 2014.

1. ocean12

ocean12 New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I had Posterior Tibial Tendon transfer along with calcaneal osteotomy 6 months ago (April). I have had significant pain, numbness and burning on the outside of my foot, the sole and the baby toe since then. The surgeon seems unconcerned but it definitely is impacting my recovery and walking. She says she changed the bio-mechanics of my foot. I understand that part, and that recovery is long--but I thought that I would be walking pain free pretty much by now and working on regaining strength and power to my foot. Is this normal?
    The burning into my little toe and the base of that toe is very disconcerting. In addition, my big toe doesn't touch the floor when standing and I feel pitched to the painful outer edge--even with continuing Physical therapy and diligence with exercises.
    Thanks to everyone

2. Tranquility

Tranquility Guest

3. Tranquility

Tranquility Guest

I had the same surgery last month. I am disappointed to learn that the same pain yout described (that I currently experience) is still present 6 months post surgery. Since your post was quite awhile ago, please post an update... hope it's encouraging!