1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Please share thoughts on fifth toe lister corn treatment options

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by maxwin6ft, Mar 11, 2015.

1. maxwin6ft

maxwin6ft New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi,

I've noticed throughout my entire life that both my pinky toes have lister corns ("second nail growth") on the outer edges of the nail bed. As I began wearing dress shoes and being more physically active, I've noticed that the growth has been more pronounced even after debriding. In fact, I even feel more discomfort when walking or placing pressure on my toes. Could someone please look at my pictures and provide suggestions as to a potential course of action, i.e. surgery-condylectomy/just live with it/use padding? Also, the condition on my right pinky toe has gotten to the point where a noticeable split has formed, aside to the corn..possibly from too much pressure during exercise?

Sorry for the laundry list, but questions that I have:
    1) Will a condylectomy fix the split on my toe?
    2) How much does a condylectomy procedure typically cost for one toe?
    3) Will removing the entire toe nail to allow for a new nail to grow fix the problem?
    4) Will a condylectomy lead to any permanent losses in motor functions of the foot?

I haven't had time to speak with a podiatrist yet, but I figured I should learn about other people's experience first. Please help, also please see my pictures of my right pinky toe.

I know there are bigger problems in the world, but lister corns suck =(. Many thanks.

Attached Files:

• t1.jpg
      t1.jpg
      File size:
      95.7 KB
      Views:
    • t2.jpg
      t2.jpg
      File size:
      93.9 KB
      Views:
  2. maxwin6ft

maxwin6ft New Member

Edit* I'm in my late 20's and located in the USA. Any thoughts?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same thing for me. What did u do?

4. maxwin6ft

maxwin6ft New Member

I am hoping I would get more replies on this forum and I haven't spoken to a foot doctor yet. In the mean time, I just normally clip my nail and use a filer to smooth down the corn.

I added another picture hoping someone with more expertise could chime in? Thank you.

Attached Files: