foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

bump and bruise in ball of foot

Old 21st June 2008, 01:07 AM
krista

Default bump and bruise in ball of foot

About a week ago I woke up one morning and could barely walk because of pain in the ball of my foot. Specifically in one spot it was very tender and hurt to the slightest touch, and there is a faint bruise and a little bump there but no noticable swelling. Its about an inch down from the base of my toes, kinda between the 3rd and 4th toes. I had this happen almost exactly a year ago and thought it might be a stress fracture from wearing sandals when it starts getting hot outside. It went away on it's own after a couple weeks last time and hasnt bothered me at all until now even though I run all the time. It hurts worse in the morning and usually goes away after a few hours, and when it doesnt hurt I can walk, run, and press on it as hard as I want and not feel a thing. Any ideas?
Old 30th July 2008, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: bump and bruise in ball of foot

for the information given i would say check your 'summer' footwear and throw out any thin/hard soled shoes. as it sounds footwear induced.
Sponsored Links
Old 18th July 2009, 07:11 PM
Lyn

I am presently experiencing something similar, but there is no noticeable bruise. The soreness appears to be under the skin. When I look closely, I see a dark area just under the skin. It feels like I got stuck with a nail, but there is no puncture. The pain is worse on mornings as you say. I feel it more when my feet are flat, and i don't feel anything when I were heels.
Old 5th November 2009, 06:04 PM
LIz

just read recent entries. I had the same thing happen after wearing heels one evening. Suddenly the right corner of the ball of my left foot was in severe pain. It's been 6 weeks. Still painful when I step on it though not as sore to the touch. Where do we go for help?
Old 5th November 2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIz View Post
just read recent entries. I had the same thing happen after wearing heels one evening. Suddenly the right corner of the ball of my left foot was in severe pain. It's been 6 weeks. Still painful when I step on it though not as sore to the touch. Where do we go for help?
If you have a foot problem, I would think you would want to see a podiatrist.
Old 27th May 2011, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: bump and bruise in ball of foot

have similar problem my doc says its "metertarsalgia" an since i dont have becksys cash just gonna have to suffer.......was told around 8 weeks to heal !!!
Old 28th May 2011, 05:07 AM

"Metatarsalgia" is a term that can cover a number of conditions. You need to see a podiatrist to find the specific cause and the appropriate treatment.

regards

Podwoman
Old 23rd October 2011, 08:42 PM
Unregistered

I know this thread is old, but in case someone stumbles on it, it sounds exactly like a morton's neuroma. Look that up. Those need to be fixed, and a podiatrist or orthopedic seen asap.