1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

ball of the foot pain

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by SusieQ, Aug 25, 2009.

1. SusieQ

SusieQ New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I have continuous pain across the balls of both feet. I am in my 60's weigh 123 and have beach walked daily for years without pain except for a short bout of plantar's faciatius. This summer I began noticing the pain. I do wear "slides", and flipflops ( NOT FOR WALKING) and thought this was the problem, but switching to GOOD New Balance walking shoes has not helped. Even with no shoes the pain persist. Any Ideas.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Among the many problems which might cause pain in the ball of the feet are callouses, a Morton's neuroma, bursitis, biomechanical misappropriation of weight, peripheral neuropathy and shearing force injuries. Which if any of those it might be, I haven't a clue and you have offered no specific information which might make it discernible.

3. oliviapitson

oliviapitson New Member

Yeah.Peripheral neuropathy is a disorder of nerves which separately from the brain and spinal cord. Even as diabetes and post herpetic neuralgia are the most common causes of peripheral neuropathy, frequently times no cause is found.

peripheral neuropathy

4. ohmyachinfeet

ohmyachinfeet New Member

does it feel like youre walking on a marble? Mine did and it was synovitis.