1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Chipped Metatarsal ?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by danny, Nov 15, 2008.

1. danny

danny New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    A week ago today I slipped and had a severe pain in my foot and could barely walk. 6 days ago I went to A&E and was told from an X-Ray it looks like the fifth metatarsal was chipped. Went back on Tuesday and doctor appeared to confirm this although it didn't look too bad.
    Gave me a "booty" plaster and crutches, 4 days later with a fair bit of rest ( and some pressure applied ) it seems to be a lot better through the plaster and can now almost walk as normal.
    I haven't got another appointment until 25th November ( a week Tuesday ) but aiming to get it off by the end of this week, if I go to my local doctor in say 6 days is there any chance they could take it off early ?
    The pain hasn't completely gone but feels a lot better.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Frankly, I don't understand what is thought might be possibly gained by getting an answer to a question such as this. First of all, I suppose that when someone asks, "Is there a CHANCE" of ANYTHING, the generic answer would be "yes" even without knowing anything about whatever the question was being asked about. Secondly, no matter the answer given, would the questioner then rely upon it, knowing that the responder could know insufficient about the situation to offer an answer on which one might rely. Thirdly, if any sort of intelligent answer were really desired, wouldn't the person to ask be the doctor who attended the case?