1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

water balls on feet?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by concerned, Jun 24, 2008.

1. concerned

concerned Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    So I had athlete's foot, but I finally got rid of it. However, a small rash-looking spot remained, and it does not leave! I keep forming water balls on this spot.

Does anyone know what it is? Is it serious? Thanks a lot.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    Clearly describe what you mean by "water balls." You may be describing a dermatologic condition which is generally and descriptively known as "vesicular eruption," which is characterized by tiny often itchy or sometimes painful vesicles containing a clear fluid. After they open and drain they crusts over and eventually resolve by themself, frequently to begin all over again. If that is the case, the condition is annoying, but self-limiting and not dangerous. I know of no specific association with athletes foot Sometimes I prescribe a corticosteroid cream, but I'm not at all certain that it materially affects the cycle. But, as with all dermatologic conditions, this needs to be seen by a trained eye to determine an actual diagnosis and to offer treatment recommendations which are appropriate.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2008
  3. concerned

concerned Guest

What you described is exactly what I have, doctor.

Which brand of cream should I get? Thanks a lot.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    First of all, as I stated, I'm not at all sure that my use of corticosteroid cream for the condition which I described does anything more than the normal cycle of self-limiting events which I described accomplishes, though it may positively effect some of the itching when present. My policy is to only review the assertions as presented, but not definitively diagnose or advise treatment based on the drawn suppositions. All that I can offer in a forum such as this are impressions which are not based on the only valid method of diagnosis . . a hands-on examination. My comments to you and others are merely to offer some thoughts on presented situations, which should be confirmed by one's own doctor before treatment is attempted. Therefore, I will not make any specific recommendations for treatment for your individual case, and will encourage you not to act on any of my suppositions, but instead to use my response for your own personal knowledge and edification when consulting your own doctor. I would suggest you see a dermatologist if your podiatrist is unable to deal with your situation.