foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Foot still hurts 7 years after breaking 3 metatarsals

Old 16th October 2009, 12:53 PM
Unregistered

Smile Foot still hurts 7 years after breaking 3 metatarsals

I hope some one can help!!

In 2002 i broke my 2nd, 3rd and 4th metatarsals in my right foot (after a cycling accident).

Seven years later i still have problems with my right foot.

The (navicular?) bone on the top part of my foot before my ankle always hurts. If i am on my feet all day my foot swells up.

The pain can often come up my leg and makes my right knee ache.

Since the accident i have always limped when walking.

Has anyone had the same problem?
Old 25th December 2010, 12:48 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Foot still hurts 7 years after breaking 3 metatarsals

hi i broke my 5th met 2years ago and i'm still having pain is this normal
Sponsored Links
Old 25th May 2011, 01:44 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Foot still hurts 7 years after breaking 3 metatarsals

I was misdiagnosed by several different doctors as having a sprain. Three years later I went to the foot doctor for permanent removal of nails on both great toes due to a fungal infection.

He took an xray (while I was standing ... prior xrays were in a lying position) I did indeed have several fractures. Now the nightmare begins.

First of all, may I say I am not a sissy. I have 8 spinal fractures and six ruptured disc. I not only live with this pain but, I am highly functional. The removal of these toenails (6 years ago) was and continues to be one of the most painful experiences of my life.

The metatarsal very recently became inflamed, extremely painful. I can not wear shoes of any description without extreme pain.

The nail beds are a constant source of pain. The newest development is the great toes are intermittently blue. I am at my wits end and afraid whatever the diagnosis ... it will not be favorable. Seeing a new doc soon.

Be extremely protective and vigilant re: your feet and the person you chose to treat you.