1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot/ankle and calf

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by nini, Nov 10, 2009.

1. nini

nini Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    In Nov 2006 I had foot surgery for PttD. They moved tendons and cut and moved my heal reshaped my foot,lenghtened my achelies tendon. I have a screw in my heal and a Staple like pin in the right side of my right ankle. I have had pain from this procedure for the last 3 years. The Dr. that did the work wants to do more. I have not seen him in a year now. It scares me to think I will have to go through more surgery and still have pain afterward. I guess my question is...Is it worth going back? Right now I have about a 5 pain everyday. I take Tramadol and it dulls the pain. I can walk about 1 hour before I have to get off my feet. Standing in one place kills me. And for the last 3 months my calf muscel, which looks deformed to me, feels like it it going to snap. At night the calf muscle is nothing but "knots". I wake up at night sometimes 2 or 3 times. I know this sounds like a stupid question but I am not sure that I trust having anymore surgery..I guess I am looking for a pain free result and I would run the the surgery center of my choice. Ok, I guess this is really stupid of me to be on this site asking a complete stranger if I should see more dr's to get my foot fixed..I guess I am at a point I just do not know what to do anymore.
    Need professional advise.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

You are correct that your question cannot be meaningfully, responsibly and reliably answered by someone who has not examined you. Have you consider seeing another doctor?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Thanks, I guess a simple " slap" in the face is just what I wanted to hear. I am making an appt. With a Board cert foot doc. I just needed a push to try again.