1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

possible broken bone in foot?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 13, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi I dropped a cast iron frying pan on my foot this morning,initially the pain was very intense but has subsided over the last 12 hrs.
    My foot has a lump on the very top of it along with bruising towards the 4th and 5th metatarsal it is very painful to touch,has some slight swelling,tingling in my toes but I am able to walk on it with a slight limp
    Is it possible to break a bone in your foot and still walk on it? I dont really want to go to emergency unless it is necessary. thanks

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Yes

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

K I went to the ER this morning and they x-rayed the foot,the doc said I crushed a bone on the top of my foot,(around the top of the 1st metatarsal ). He put me in a half cast and no weight bearing until I see the orthopedic surgeon on Wednesday..OK so how do they treat a crushed bone??Afraid im looking at surgery.

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

That would have to be determined based on an actual evaluation.