foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Help! Major pain and swelling in left side of right big toe

Old 17th January 2010, 02:49 PM
Maureen

Exclamation Help! Major pain and swelling in left side of right big toe

Hello ... just wanted to ask if there are any answers for severe pain in left side of right big toe. About a month ago, I had a stabbing pain in my right big toe one night while lying in bed. It was so severe that I through the covers off and had to grab my toe and rub it as the paion was shocking. Ever since, I have slight swelling in the side of my right foot and it's really sore to walk on. I have been walking on the outer part of my right foot for quite a while now and the pain is getting worse. Woke up ion the early AM hours this morning with throbbing in my right foot and had to limp to the kitchen to take some ibuprofen. Got up just now and as soon as I lower my leg out of bed, the toe and right sight of big toe throbs with pain as I straigten my leg to get out of bed. Sitting here typing and it's still throbbing. Been dealing with this issue for over a month off and on (more on than off these days) and would like some advice as to what this could possibly be. Do I see my primary care doc or a foot doc. Any guesses as to why I am having this terrible pain? No major falls to report.
Old 16th March 2010, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Help! Major pain and swelling in left side of right big toe

could be gout see your doctor
Sponsored Links
Old 28th October 2010, 05:51 AM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: Help! Major pain and swelling in left side of right big toe

I have it also same exact spot on the side of big toe... Makes my big toe look like a chunk! It's a bunnion ace wrap it and see if it feels better don't wrap too tight though!
Old 28th October 2010, 03:04 PM

Are you aware that the questioner to whom you are offering advice posted her question 10 months ago?
Old 26th December 2011, 01:18 PM
bigjim

Quote:
Originally Posted by FootDoc View Post
Are you aware that the questioner to whom you are offering advice posted her question 10 months ago?
Reguardless, the answer may be serched by other's and find it useful...the wonders of the internet. (Prime Example....ME)