foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

12-years post-op of a dislocation of the lisfranc complex

Old 18th January 2010, 06:26 AM
Atelieremd

Question 12-years post-op of a dislocation of the lisfranc complex

I suffered a dislocation of the lisfranc complex in April 1998, after being in a head-on collision with a drunk driver.

To repair the foot, I underwent surgery several weeks after the crash. Open reduction and internal fixation was performed. Approximately 15 months later, after suffering from chronic pain, the affected joints were successfully fused.

Since then, I have been relatively pain free. My athletic pursuits, however, are severely limited--I can no longer run, which I did extensively--my days in high heels are over, and I have slept with my foot propped up on pillows since the accident as my foot cannot tolerate any direct pressure on the bottom side of the heel (I sleep on my back).

That said, I am writing because over the last three weeks or so, out of no where, I have been experiencing significant pain in the foot. I would describe it as a general ache in the mid foot concentrated right at the arch with several instances of a shooting pain if I am working in bare feet or even in orthopedic clogs. This is all new. I made no changes in my daily habits or wearing different types of shoes--I typically wear either sneakers or clogs.

Based on this description, is what I am experiencing typical arthritis that is associated with this type of injury or does it warrant having an orthopedic look at it?

Any guidance you can provide would be appreciated.