1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

post traumatic osteopenia/osteoporosis

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hi I posted on here a few months back about pain following a Navicular Fracture. I finally had an appointment today and my x-ray showed quite bad osteopenia as the consultant called it. I am told this is the root of my pain as the bones arent strong enough to take my weight so I have to work it and make it hurt in order to get the bone density to improve! I understand the concept of having to walk etc on it but my concern is I have been walking for 4/5 months full weight baring and the problem hasnt improved. Do you have any tips on any particular exercises which are good for building up bone density?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Perhaps you should have investigated as to whether your osteopenia is at least in part caused by factors other than disuse.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I am assuming its only related to disuse as my consltant did a comparison x-ray from the day I fractured my foot to yesterday and it was clear to see a difference. Also I am only 21 years old so I am guessing for my age I shouldn't have a lack of bone density and that it is solely due to the fracture which is what the consultant told me and says as I exercise it, it will get better.