1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Sore ache in back of foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Okay so I keep waking up with this sore aching pain in my heel. If I put pressure on the back of my right foot then it doesn't hurt, but when I go to walk (put pressure on the front of my foot) it's like the most intense sore aching pain in my heel everrrr.

The pain feels like it's inside the heel and then it shoots up my foot when I walk and makes me feel sick.

It's whenever I get out of bed and then it goes during the day. I looked on wiki and found this muscle where it looks like that's where the pain is:

[​IMG]
    (flexor hallucis longus)

Why would my foot be aching there when I wake up almost every morning?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

The only way that one could logically assume that the Flexor hallucis longus tendon was painful would be if one had pain deep within the plantar medial aspect the foot elicited by dorsiflexion of the great toe. As you mention nothing of the sort, it would seem to me that you have no real basis for drawing such an inference on which the crux of your question rests. It would thus be folly for anyone to attempt to tell you why your foot is aching there with only that information at hand. Although you titled your post "Sore ache in the back of the foot," from what I understand you to say, you may have common plantar fasciitis or maybe insertional osteoarthritis of the Achilles tendon.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2010