1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Left Foot Injury, Long Healing Cycle

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Apr 19, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

In Novermber 2008, I had to climb a chain link fence to retrieve a ball off a batting cage. I climbed it like spiderman w/ opposite hands and feet motion up 16 feet and down. I noticed a mild over stressing of my left foot that day mainly to left arch area toward the outside of my foot. The next day I had great difficulty even walking to the breakfast table. It eased over the next few days and I bought a $20 orthotic for arch support. It seemed to get better to the point that I just needed to warm up my foot alittle. To be clear, I walk my dog 4-5 miles a day and did straight through this injury. But here I am 4-5 month later and the pain has migrated further away from the arch... call it northwest into the pad area of the foot. It feels thick and as crazy as this sounds I get relief from lying on my stomach and banging it on the ground. I also seem to get relief from making a fist with my foot (like in Die Hard... teehee).

Do foot injuries take this long to heal? Does my injury seem more serious than I am acknowledging? any suggestions??? anyone???