foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Heel pain - feels like blister deep-down

Old 18th July 2008, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

Default Heel pain - feels like blister deep-down

Actually, on the edge of the bottom part of my heel so there is some foot pressure there. It feels sort of like a blister thats underneath the thick-ish skin on the edge of my heel. Its quite painful to walk on and the area looks a bt swollen

I tried using a pumice stone and it started to bleed a fair bit. Looks like blood vessels there somewhere.

MAking things worse is that my heel has got some cracked skin which is on the inflamed area which. Is fairly painful at times...

Havent been to docs or anything yet but I was wondering if theres any need? Does it sound like a verrucae? If so, whats the best treatment for it?
Old 18th July 2008, 05:42 PM

Default Re: Heel pain - feels like blister deep-down

Your expectations here are patently unreasonable. You've given a rather cursory and uncertain lay-based description of your situation and its appearance based on what you think something looks sort of like. You've tried some hit or miss self-treatment which resulted in a lot of bleeding. You've talked about painful cracked skin and inflamed tissues . . and you wonder if you should see a doctor . . . DUH!

Look . . I try to give reasonable information when folks ask reasonable questions to which reasonably and safe replies can be offered. But forums such as this are not appropriate venues for making diagnoses, as diagnoses almost always require far more than descriptions of the complaint by the patient, including an all important hands-on observation. To offer even an opinion as to what a diagnosis might be, and especially when the questioner then asks for treatment recommendations based on that diagnostic guess, is a recipe for possible disaster, and I am not willing to subject you or others who might read this to that disservice.

Once you have a real diagnosis, should you desire a discussion of that diagnosis and/or a discussion of possible treatments for such a diagnosis, but without expectations that such information necessarily applies to your particular and possibly individually specific situation, feel free to write back.
Old 12th January 2011, 08:55 PM
Unregistered

Pompholyx
or
Dyshidrotic Dermatitis Dyshidrotic Eczema

might be something to look into.

if it is, I wish you luck
Old 12th January 2011, 09:28 PM

Did the last two posters not understand that the question was asked in July of 2008?
Old 28th February 2011, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Well here it is, 2011, and I am NOT the original poster... but I am experiencing the same thing. I was curious if this was something common, I did a search and came up with this page. Imagine my disappointment when I saw Foot Dr's rude response.

People sometimes search for answers on the web because they think, someone out there might know the answer. I'm not asking for someone to diagnose and cure me, but if a heel blister deep in the skin is COMMON (and I've never had this before but perhaps many have), I would hate to waste the time and money to go to a doctor when all I needed was an over-the-counter lotion! Clearly, if I'm in excrutiating pain and cannot walk, I'll go to a doctor. DUH.

If you don't know the answer to the question, don't post. Stop wasting everyone's time.
Old 24th July 2011, 03:26 AM
Unregistered

First grab a sock that you don't like or one that doesn't have a pair. Next grab some vasoleen and apply a generous portion to your foot. When I say generous I mean half the jar all over your foot especially on those cracks, butter up those corn and place the sock on your foot and leave on over night. In the morning your foot will be good as new.