1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

heal pain/on-going achillies tendonitus

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I was previously diagnosed with achillies tendonitus caused by bowlegged & overpronation
    I had graphite orthoitics prescribed (1996) & have successfully run/PT'd in them for years in running shoes
    My job now involves alot of standing & some walking & my heal & achillies hurt - pretty much after 2 4 hour sessions on the range in mountain boots with soft arch supports the dull pain begun - this has continued for a week
    I intend to update/upgrade my soft over the counter arch supports but am not sure what is available from podiatrists?
    I also intend to purchase new job specific shoes but am not sure what to buy - Can someone recommend shoes that are good for walking/support/standing?
    Heel pain is more of an issue to deal with then the achillies pain since i think I can address that?
    When I see a podiatrist any recommended line of questioning I should follow? Info I should provide?
    Thanks.