foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Severe Heel Pain when applying pressure

Old 28th July 2010, 05:57 PM
Fedup

Question Severe Heel Pain when applying pressure

Hello,

It started a few months back, after playing football on an astro-turf pitch i would have a dull ache in my ankle and soreness in my foot, it wasn't really a problem unless I put my heel down hard, then i would get a sharp pain. Didn't feel like a tendon pain, more like impact.

I decided it wasn't right so visited the doctors, he was pretty vague, and said it was probably tendon strain, but i could flex my foot with ease, and it only hurt with impact. I was told to rest it and it soon cleared up.

Now last week i was playing football again and i planted my heel really hard into the ground and felt a painful 'judder'. The pain was really severe in my heel, and i still can't put my heel down a week later, flexing my foot is fine, but the moment i try and put weight on my heel i am in agony. I have been the doctors again and he sent me for an xray, and told me he would inform me if it was broken, i have heard nothing. I have returned back to work but have to walk on the ball of my foot, which isn't doing me any good.

I just don't know what the pain is, and it doesn't seem like it's going away.
Old 15th August 2011, 07:43 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Severe Heel Pain when applying pressure

Hey man I have the samething I play DL and when I was going for a tackle I planted hard and that's when the pain started what it is I don't know but ice seems to be crack for it just helps get rid of the pain, or get a bucket and make an ice bath for your foot
Sponsored Links
Old 15th August 2011, 01:29 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Severe Heel Pain when applying pressure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hey man I have the samething I play DL and when I was going for a tackle I planted hard and that's when the pain started what it is I don't know but ice seems to be crack for it just helps get rid of the pain, or get a bucket and make an ice bath for your foot
HEY MAN . . . the question you responded to was asked over a year ago. If it's not better by now, I think it's too late for ice.