1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Outer heel inflammation

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 7, 2010.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I am training for a marathon, yesterday I ran 16 miles. I noticed towards the end of my run that my left foot was little sore but most of my body was sore so I thought nothing of it. Later, I was rubbing my foot and I noticed a bulge (inflammation, I am guessing) on the outer left back side of the foot. I iced it down yesterday but it is still there. The growth feels somewhat soft i.e not like there is bone underneath there. It is not really painful though is sore when I rub it. I have not noticed it before yesterday. Thoughts on what it is, how I got it and/or how I can prevent that from happening again?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Maybe give up marathons or any extensive running of any kind. It's bad for just about everything from the hip down, other than possibly muscle development. Note how many folks who post here start off with, "I'm a runner."