foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Saddle bone surgery 3 months ago

Old 8th August 2010, 03:35 AM
Unregistered

Default Saddle bone surgery 3 months ago

I had surgery to correct my saddle bone deformity 3 months ago. The surgery went well and I've had about 4 post-op appointments and my surgeon said everything was healing properly and it looked good. My concern is that I still have quite a big bump on the top of my foot. I thought maybe it was swelling, but it hasn't gone down at all. It actually feels pretty hard. It causes me pain when I try to wear my tennis shoes. My puppy accidentally steps on it sometimes and that really causes a lot of pain! It also aches a lot too. I have no idea if this is normal, but I didn't think I would have a big bump on my foot still. It's actually bigger than the bump that the saddle bone deformity caused! If anyone has any insight about this, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Laura
Old 8th August 2010, 04:51 AM

Default Re: Saddle bone surgery 3 months ago

Why are you not getting an explanation from your surgeon regarding this obvious discrepency from what you say you have been told? It is not rocket science to understand that surgery to remove a bump which has resulted in a bigger bump which is not simply swelling should not been termed successful. I can do no more than offer a guess, but often, a saddle bone deformity is concomitant with a synovial or ganglionic cyst which generally feels rather hard. Perhaps, if one were present, it was not taken care of.