foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

lump on outside of my right foot

Old 16th May 2009, 02:02 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy lump on outside of my right foot

I have a lump on the outside of my right foot. it is soft and slightly painful and dose cause pain in the side of my foot. I t has been there for over a month and dose cause some pain. what could it possibly be?
Old 14th May 2010, 06:07 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: lump on outside of my right foot

Have a lump on top right footsoft to touch bit raised was pushing brakes on backs of wheelchairs all the time do you think this would cause this lump.
Sponsored Links
Old 27th October 2010, 04:47 PM
JAFMan

Sounds like a Ganglion cyst - nothing to worry about unless it is causing you discomfort in your shoe, but best get it checked anyway to be sure.
Old 27th October 2010, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFMan View Post
Sounds like a Ganglion cyst - nothing to worry about unless it is causing you discomfort in your shoe, but best get it checked anyway to be sure.
This is precisely the sort of well-meaning, but inappropriate response that I rail against, especially from non-professionals. Could it be a ganglionic cyst? . . MAYBE. Is there any substantive evidence from what is offered that it is . . NO. But the key to my problems with this is the statement, "nothing to worry about unless it is causing you discomfort in your shoe." This might give the reader a sense of inappropriate confidence that a professional opinion might not be quickly necessary. All lumps MUST be evaluated by a knowledgeable professional. The only appropriate portion of the comment was, "best get it checked anyway to be sure." THAT alone would have been appropriate advice. People tend to believe the least serious diagnosis or treatment and tend to disregard tail-end cautions. Responders have absolutely no idea as to how sensible the question will be with their recommendations and advice.

Last edited by FootDoc; 27th October 2010 at 05:08 PM.