foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Sharp stabbing pain along the side of left foot

Old 1st August 2014, 11:12 PM
Unregistered Sue

Question Sharp stabbing pain along the side of left foot

Hi can someone please shed some light on what might be wrong with my foot please? About 18 months ago, I had plantar fascists. My GP was no help, just telling me to lose weight. I ended up googling it, found out how to tape it, and succeeded in getting rid of the pain. However, just lately, whenever I have to walk anywhere, I find that, every so often, I get a sharp pain (like I've literally been stabbed in the foot) that is so bad it stops me in my tracks and I have to stand still and wait for the pain to subside before I can carry on. Last time it happened, my partner and I actually heard it crack.
If I go back to the GP all he will say is lose weight. He's not very helpful, as he attributes most things to the fact that, yes, I am overweight. His attitude doesn't help much in that respect, yet he's good with other problems.
I would like to get an idea of what's wrong so I can look it up, like I did the PF, and fix it myself, or at the very least, know what to say to my GP, so I don't go in to him being vague!
Thanks for any suggestions
Old 3rd August 2014, 02:57 AM

Default Re: Sharp stabbing pain along the side of left foot

Google "baxters neuritis" or "baxters nerve entrapment" - does it sound like that?
Sponsored Links
Old 6th August 2014, 08:09 PM
Unregistered Sue

Default Re: Sharp stabbing pain along the side of left foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Payne View Post
Google "baxters neuritis" or "baxters nerve entrapment" - does it sound like that?
It's around the right area, but I don't think that's it, but I did see something about a nerve named peronal or something like that, which seemed to fit the bill, however, I can't remember the exact name of it, and can't find the article again either! Aaarrrggghhhh!