1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Bump???

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Stacey Vette, Oct 4, 2010.

1. Stacey Vette

Stacey Vette New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hiya, can anyone give me half an idea as to whats with these bumps on my daughters feet?
    foot5.JPG

foot1.JPG

foot2.JPG
    She's 9yrs old, has had them for some time (maybe always had them). Her feet roll in when she runs and she constantly has achey heels after playing netball. I'm sure the bumps are getting bigger, they are hard (guessing bone) lumps.

Any ideas???

What action should I take?

I live in New Zealand.

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

DISCLAIMER:
    THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS-ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
    If you are talking about the bumps on the lateral side of the mid-foot, it is the styloid process of the base of the 5th metatarsal. It sticks out to some degree on everyone, and is typically more pronounced on long thin feet without much subcutaneous padding. It may be inflamed from shoe pressure. Only an x-ray could determine if the bone is normal in size and appearance. See a podiatrist for a definitive answer.

3. Stacey Vette

Stacey Vette New Member

Thanks heaps for the info. I will book her in for an appointment at the doctors and get a referral to the podiatrist.

I didn't know if her feet were normal for her as everyones feet look different. She has very VERY long slim feet, she's already in the high size range of ladies shoes and she's only 9yrs old.

It has been hard lately to find shoes for her feet as due to her feet being long she needs womens shoes but then her feet aren't wide enough for the shoe to hold nicely.

I had visited a shoe shop here which specializes with correcting foot issues but even they couldn't fit a shoe. They also couldn't tell me what, if anything, was wrong with her feet.

Thank you for your input.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Dear Stacey

My son has similar bumps on his feet, have you found out what the problem was with your daughter's feet (if any problem) I would be so grateful if you could reply. Best Regards

5. katieaz

katieaz Guest

You may want to have your child checked for Iselin's Disease.