1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

explanation of diagnosis

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 30, 2009.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Yesterday I was my doctor diagnosis for me was anterior cavus and pseudo equinus. Could someone explain to me what this means in everyday language. I got on line and found alot of medical forums but with a law enforcement background and not medical I did not understand what it meant. Any help would be appreciated!

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Typical equinus is a deformity which occurs at the ankle wherein the entire foot is maintained in a plantarflexed attitude. Pseudoequinus is deformity where the forefoot is plantarflexed in relation to the mid and/or rearfoot. Typical cavus is condition in which there is an abnormally high arch due mainly to a high pitch of the calcaneus. Anterior cavus is a feature associated with the previously mentioned pseudoequinus wherein the deformity occurs at the mid-foot rather than the rearfoot. But the best way for you to gain a clear understanding of this would be to have a discussion with your own doctor so that you might place this in a context in which you can understand how it affects you and what is intended for treatment. Assuredly that was or should have been part of your doctor's job to explain and was and is your job to ask. Such is ostensibly part of what you are paying for.