foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

sensation under base of toes

Old 18th August 2008, 05:29 AM
jellen

Default sensation under base of toes

When I remove my shoes, it feels like something is underneath my toes; not at the tips but at the base. It feels like bunched up socks or a cotton roll.
Old 18th August 2008, 12:22 PM

DISCLAIMER:
THE FOLLOWING IS OFFERED GRATIS AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY, AND, AS SUCH, MAY NOT BE APPLICABLE TO THE SPECIFIC QUESTIONER AND/OR HIS/HER PROBLEM. IT IS CLEARLY NOT BASED ON ACTUAL KNOWLEDGE AND/OR EXAMINATION OF THE QUESTIONER OR HIS/HER MEDICAL HISTORY, AND IT CAN NOT AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON AS DEFINITIVE MEDICAL OPINION OR ADVICE. ONLY THROUGH HANDS- ON PHYSICAL CONTACT WITH THE ACTUAL PATIENT CAN ACCURATE MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS BE ESTABLISHED AND SPECIFIC ADVICE BE GIVEN. NO DOCTOR/PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED OR ESTABLISHED OR MAY BE INFERRED. THE QUESTIONER AND/OR READER IS INSTRUCTED TO CONSULT HIS OR HER OWN DOCTOR BEFORE PROCEEDING WITH ANY SUGGESTIONS CONTAINED HEREIN, AND TO ACT ONLY UPON HIS/HER OWN DOCTOR’S ORDERS AND RECOMMENDATIONS. BY THE READING OF MY POSTING WHICH FOLLOWS, THE READER STIPULATES AND CONFIRMS THAT HE/SHE FULLY UNDERSTANDS THIS DISCLAIMER AND HOLDS HARMLESS THIS WRITER. IF THIS IS NOT FULLY AGREEABLE TO YOU, THE READER, AND/OR YOU HAVE NOT ATTAINED THE AGE OF 18 YEARS, YOU HEREBY ARE ADMONISHED TO READ NO FURTHER.
I hear your almost exact complaint many times, and assuming that you don't really have bunched up socks or a cotton role touching your foot, it is generally indicative of a neuropathy, sometimes, but certainly not always associated with diabetes. See your medical doctor for a complete medical evaluation, and perhaps a neurologist for the specific complaint. If it is a neuropathy, and it is determined that it is not caused by a physical binding down of the nerve or other primary nerve abnormality which might be surgically corrected, there are some medications which might prove useful, but the prognosis is generally very uncertain.

Last edited by FootDoc; 18th August 2008 at 12:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd August 2008, 07:06 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: sensation under base of toes

Sounds just like neuropathy. I was rx'ed with it several years ago. Exact same feeling in the beginning although now after time the sensation has changed. ENG and many blood tests later my neruo doc does not have a reason/cause. I am on my 3rd round of meds just trying to find the right combination that gives the best relief with the least amount of side effects. Seems that these nerve drugs all have some sort of very unwanted side effects. Just got to find the one(s) that you can live with.
Old 24th August 2008, 02:29 AM

Default Re: sensation under base of toes

As I had previously pointed out, unless a correctable physical problem or a disease or metabolic condition which when effectively treated can reverse the nerve effects can be found to underly the neuropathy, prognosis is frequently uncertain, and the symptomatic effects of drug therapies vary greatly.
Old 28th January 2013, 10:25 PM
Unregistered

Exclamation Re: sensation under base of toes

It happened to me several years ago and I was told that it was related to antihistamines. Since I have been taken off of allergy shots (recently) it has now surfaced again. I had forgotten all about it. Interesting.
Old 29th January 2013, 08:19 AM

Default Re: sensation under base of toes

It might be a type of heel pain. It can also be plantar fascitis. it causes because of Inflammation of the band of tissue (the plantar fascia) that extends from the heel to the toes. The major symptoms are pain under bottom of the foot and pain usually that extends for months