1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain on Inside of Heel

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Nick, Jun 17, 2008.

1. Nick

Nick Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Gday,

I recently got over a severe case of Plantar Fasciitis. It took about 6 months to subside and during the course of it I had 4 cortizone injcetions. 3 into the Fascia and 1 into the joint near my achilles as the doctor thought I had bursitis as well.

I went and got a second opinion and it looks like I didn't have bursitis and instead some how I've managed to develop achilles tendonitis and the injection seems to have made it worse.

I've been prescribed a NSAID and told to stretch my achilles tendon.

What I'm wandering is that I have a very painful point on the inside edge of my heel bone. To find the spot I'm talking about if you follow the edge of your shin down through the ankle to what looks like an insertion point on the heel bone. Right on the edge of that bone its very painful to touch and as when I'm walking it can shoot a sharp pain up my ankle which radiates around the back of my heel. It's not as painful in the morning and gets worse while I'm on my feet.

I've had an xray done and found that I have a heel spur where the plantar fascia attaches to my heel bone which seems to be unrelated.

The doctor said its referred pain from my achilles but I'm not convinced. Does anyone know what this pain could be caused by?

Cheers,

Nick

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

A meaningful answer to your question would require a hands-on physical examination. The last thing you need now is off the cuff guesses.

3. Nick

Nick Guest

I'm going to go get a referral to see a Foot Surgeon asap.

Is it possilbe that this is still related to Plantar Fasciitis at all? I don't expect an exact answer or anything like more ideas so that I can go see the surgeon armed with as much information as possible.

Is it possible that its pain from my achilles tendon? Does the tendon wrap around the calcaneous that far? Or is there a tendon/muscle etc.. that runs up the inside of the ankle that attaches to the achilles?

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

These are all possibilities, but that is not helpful in respect to offering you a meaningful and responsible answer to your question. As I previously stated, you need a hands-on evaluation. That being said, the tissue of the plantar fascia IS generally considered a continuum of the Achilles tendon.