1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Toenail fungus

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Jan 12, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    "Vicks Vapo Rub is a great remedy for treating toenail fungus. Simply apply a little on the cuticle of the infected toenail at least once or twice a day, every day for about six months. It takes a while but eventually the Vick's kills the fungus, the old toenail grows out and a new, healthy nail grows in it's place. I've used this remedy myself in the past, and it really does work!" Stacy

I read this is my newspaper--does it work?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

I know of no medical basis for such a claim.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Doc--do you see any downside in trying it even though there is no medical basis for the cure?

4. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

No I don't, unless you consider wasting your time a downside.

5. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

So, if you say I would be wasting my time if I tried it, you must know that it doesn't work. That seems to contradict your first statement that you know of no medical reason it would work. Now I am confused.