1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Big toe nail ripped off 90%

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Concerned parent, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My daughter (5) opened a door into her left big toe and almost ripped it off. I cleaned it with peroxide and wrapped in gauze very loose. What should I do from here? Do I need to take her to the ER or can I take her to her doctor tomorrow to examine? I gave her some IB Profane and she seems to be ok pain wise. Does the tail nail need to be removed?

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

As long as the toe is well cleaned and adequate antisepsis instituted, there is likely nothing that can be done today that cannot be done tomorrow. But I would think that a good podiatrist would be better suited to treat it properly and with more skill than the average pediatrician.