1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Toenail and quick completly removed

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Signious, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Signious

Signious New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hello!

I recently had a door opened only to encounter my (bare) foot and all but tare off my toenail. Suprisingly there was very little blood, but painful none the less. After a quick look a realized that the only real conection left between the nail and my foot was about a half cm portion of the very back of the nail, and I figured to cut losses and pull the whole thing off. Underneath there was no small nail waiting in the wings as per what I was used to when loosing a nail to this type of situation. All that is left is very red (and very sensitive) skin. I have been cleanining it with alcohol and 3% Hydrogen peroxide every other night (It happened last friday) and I am wondering:
    -Should I go see a doctor (I am worried of infection because I cannot wear open toed footwear when it is -30 out haha, and the possibility of an ingrown toenail)
    -Or is it just not going to grow back at all?

Thankyou for your time and experience!

Nathan

2. Signious

Signious New Member

PS - I am from Canada

and I my doctor has flagged me for high risk of diabetes because of family history and fairly poor blood flow to my feet. Thanks again!