foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Sharp pain under big toe

Old 27th March 2011, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Sharp pain under big toe

Hi, I have a very sharp pain underneath my right big toe if I try walking normally, it's where one's weight is put on when walking. It feels like I'm stepping on a small 'pad' and it causes a very sharp pain. But visibly there is no sign of swelling or a splinter or any spots /warts. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing this sharp pain? It started about 2 weeks ago and not getting better.
Old 10th October 2011, 01:47 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Sharp pain under big toe

I'm having the same issue, but all I can see on the web is about bunions and joint pain. It started as pain in the outer side of my toe on hols in the summer while wearing sandals; thought it might be a bite or sting as the top of my toe was red. By the time it irritated me enough to see a GP, the discomfort had gone. But now it's back with a vengeance. So much so that I've had to take my shoes off today and limp around the office in my socks. My shoes are round-toed and have plenty of space in them, so I don't believe it's my shoes (I lived in sandals all summer so expected a bit of discomfort when I put ordinary shoes back on but this is really sharp pain).

I'm booked in to see my GP tomorrow but have a feeling I'm going to end up in the minor injuries unit beforehand
Sponsored Links
Old 14th October 2011, 05:19 PM

Default Re: Sharp pain under big toe

Maybe try a ball of foot pad, this may bring some relief. A cheap try until you see a doctor. Just realize flips flops are not the greatest for your feet.