foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Jones Fracture w/ Exogen system healing time

Old 5th April 2011, 01:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Jones Fracture w/ Exogen system healing time

I was dx'd with Jones Fracture on 2/10 and have been in a cast w/Exogen port for a little over 7 weeks. Xrays on April 1st shows still a ways to go on healing and am back in a cast for another 4 weeks w/Exogen port. If the fracture is still not completely healed at next xray, is it common to have surgery at that point or go back into a cast again? Do these fractures ever heal completely or is the bone fragile forever? When I asked my doctor about future bone stability for equestrian riding, he skirted the issue and said I would not be cleared for that activity right away.

Bookmarks

Tags
None