1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Big toe pain after toe surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Over 3 weeks ago, I had the ingrown toenail surgery on both toes. The right toe has healed fine, but I am having problems with the left toe. When the doc gave me the shot in the toe to numb the area, I don't know if he hit a nerve or what but I thought I would go through the roof with the pain. I continue to have pain on the top and bottom of the area where he gave me the shot. Mind you this did not happen with the right toe. I am hesitant to go back to the doc because he may have caused the pain. It hurts to walk and I can't wear closed toe shoes yet because of the pain. I have soaked foot in Epsom salt but nothing has helped. Did the doc hit a nerve with the numbing shot to cause this pain? Will it go away? Please help!!

2. TOG Orthotics

TOG Orthotics New Member

Did the anaesthetic have any effect at the time?

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I could have written this myself. Exactly same symptoms and it has been four weeks since last seeing Podiatrist. I saw only one answer which was not helpful. Is there any way to forward this to original sender to find out what the outcome was? I see the DR again tomorrow after ten days on a strong antiobiotic prescribed by my general physician. Starting to lose hope.

Thank you

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Same man as above. I need an answer... Pain is intolerable... If you have an answer please reply to my e mail address.... Djbfromnyc@comcast.net.

The numbing injection began with a "vertical" injection into my big toe, right foot on Nov 26. About four more were required to "freeze" it. A portion of upper nail was removed and the nail itself was "opened" on the left side. Ten days later, unable to wear socks or shoes. Returned & more toe nail removed. See same Podiatrist tomorrow. Toe looks OK but still extremely painful at left nail juncture or fleshy tip of toe. Will this go away in time? I don't have diabetes. I need some help or reassurance.

Thanks again.