1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Half of my big toe is basically numb?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Akodon, May 4, 2011.

1. Akodon

Akodon Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Backstory:
    Back on the 15th of April, I went on a 5 hour long drive which I'm guessing is the main cause of whatever this is, as due to the brake pedal being closer than the gas, I sometimes have a tendency to push on the gas with my toes more than the whole foot (and when this is the case, it's usually just the leftmost toes applying the pressure), and because it was all long country roads for the most part... yeah. After this drive I spent the next few days standing for the most part.

Probably around the middle of the next week, I noticed that the left side of my big toe on my right foot was pretty much numb. It wasn't very tingly, but if I pressed it it basically didn't feel like anything. So, it's been like this since about 4/20 or 4/21 or so, I'd say. Since then I've avoided walking on the toe, because if I walk too quickly and put pressure on it, I feel a weird "twang"ing sensation in the toe which is uncomfortable.

*So my question* is if anyone would have an idea of what this may be? My first thought was that it felt sort of like a blister deep underneath my skin (mainly from how it feels on the edges of the numb->not numb areas), but I have no clue about that as I've only ever had relatively surface blisters, and my second thought was an ingrown toenail (because that's basically the region of the toe around where the numbness is centered), but there's not any pain/pus around to make me believe that.

2. Vickymom

Vickymom Guest

Saw your message and just read on another web page where if you have been wearing fit flops, they can cause nerve damamge to the big toe. Check it out.

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

i have the same problem im 16 and i have a numb feeling at the tips of both big toes. It started when i was working in a wearhouse and after a few days of wearing safty shoes that were size 8 (im size 11 shoe) i felt a pop in both of my feet i was a bit curious at first but dismised it as clicking joints. But later that day as i got in the shower i realised that i couldn't feel the water running over my big toe. I havn't looked into it any further as it doesn't bother me anymore but it scared me at the time.

4. I have the exact same symptom. After being in heels all day at work, I tend to drive home barefoot. A few weeks ago I had to take a long drive immediately after work and I made the 3 hour trip driving without shoes. I wonder if we damaged or irritated a nerve by applying too much pressure to the toe rather than the whole foot? I wish you well.