1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

3rd & 4th metararsal hairline fracture

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by laurens, May 9, 2011.

1. laurens

laurens New Member

I fractured my 3rd & 4th metararsal bones 3 weeks ago in a motorbike incident. I am currently backpacking south east asia, so access to the hospital/doctors is not always possible.
    The doctor said I didn't need a cast or a fracture walker, he just recommended that I wear a wide shoe that will fit my swollen foot and to put 20% pressure on the foot whilst using crutches.

The bruising and swelling has definately improved and the pain is also much less.

I have the following questions:

1. The swelling on my foot goes down during the night, but it picks up again during the day. The re-occuring swelling is also more in the ankle area of my foot, not so much around the fracture area. What does that mean?

2. Is it a OK to put some pressure on a swollen foot?

3. Will swimming help to rehabilitate my foot?

Many thanks