1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Gastroc recession

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Joellenemm, May 26, 2011.

1. Joellenemm

Joellenemm New Member

I am 42 yr old mother of three. My ankles have become inflexible after knee surgery in 2005. I have been trying to stretch for the past few years. I have used all my physical therapy session for this year. I am finding it harder to get around. The x-ray find a bony structure that is not allowing me to gain dorsiflexion. I also have very tight calf muscles. I know that because if this issue I have some hypomobility in one foot a little more then the other...also I feel like that knee has also become compromised. So I just recently found out about this procedure and am trying to weigh my options and to find a really great surgeon. I am hoping to learn from others who have had this procedure done and their outcomes. Thanks.

Joellen