1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Pain in big toe

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Lisa Meyer, Jun 9, 2011.

1. Lisa Meyer

Lisa Meyer Guest

I was playing hockey 4 nights ago and had very sharp pain that I thought was occuring on the top of the joint of the big toe on my right foot. I couldn't skate at all and had to adjust the laces and try again. It pretty much went away. I was then playing hockey Tuesday morning and the pain was so bad, even with several attempts at re-lacing my skates, that I could barely play. On Tuesday evening I went swimming in the lake and noticed that as I was extending and kicking my foot, I was feeling this radiating pain. It's very sharp and burning, and feels like a nerve. After poking around for a day or so, I realize that I can cause the pain to occur by rubbing or touching on the space between the two major ligaments (?) at the very front of my lower leg. If I push harder, the pain becomes quite fierce. If I just stroke the place gently, I can feel this electic like shock run down through my foot to the joint. It's so strange! What is this? What should I do? I play hockey several times a week and it's really disturbing that I can't skate. Thanks.
    Lisa