foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Extremely painful bump on the bottom of my foot

Old 16th June 2011, 07:10 PM
Unregistered

Default Extremely painful bump on the bottom of my foot

Hello, I am new to this forum and found it by searching for an answer to the pain I am experiencing. On the bottom of my right foot I have hard pea sized lump under the skin. It's about an inch down from the area between my 2nd and 3rd toes. The skin is red where the bump is and the surrounding area appears to be whiter than the rest of my foot. I noticed it about a week ago and it was sore but not painful, I figured I'd somehow bruised it without knowing. By the following day, the soreness turned into pain and it seems as though each day has progressively gotten worse. My foot has some swelling now and the pain at times radiates down into my toes, sometimes tingling and feeling almost numb. For the past 3 days I've been in constant pain...walking, sitting, laying. When I walk it feels like I am walking on a marble. I've tried ice packs, anti inflammatories, elevation. Nothing seems to make it feel better. I do have an appointment with a podiatrist but they couldn't squeeze me in until next week. Any advice or insight is greatly appreciated.
Old 20th July 2011, 07:33 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Extremely painful bump on the bottom of my foot

I found your message on this site when I was trying to research the reason for my own foot problem. I too have a tiny pea sized lump under my toes, and strangely, my symptoms seem to match yours almost perfectly. I was wondering if you managed to meet your podiatrist , and what diagnosis & treatment he had to offer you. Would appreciate it if you could share it here. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 21st July 2011, 05:44 AM

HI , I also have 2 pea/garbanzo sized lumps on the bottom of my left arch. Mine are not painful but I did go to see a Podiatrist. He said mine is Plantar Fibromatosis. He said to run, not walk if a Dr suggests surgery for removal. Also that injections would be painful. He suggested a very expensive prescription that is only partially covered due to being a compound- the medicine is Transdermal Verapamil 15% Gel. If you don't want to go to a Dr- look on pdlabs website and see if what I have is what you have. There is a lot of useful information. I am going to order it as I need to walk to do my job and I don't want my lumps to get any bigger. I am a runner and also do martial arts... my Dr said this injury doesn't have that much known about it. They think it is caused by trauma- but I don't recall ever getting traumaed in that area even with the sports I do!
Good Luck to you. Regards, Margaret M.

PS: The medicine is about $200./ mo before my insurance reimbursement....the lab does have a coupon on their site which I will utilize.
Old 1st February 2013, 05:30 AM
Unregistered

I recently did a study over a painful lump in between the 2nd & 3rd toes. It may be possible that you have Morton's neuroma. Usually in mild cases doctors may just recommend certain pads for your shoes (depending on your type of feet) or in more severe cases you may need surgery to remove the swollen ligament causing the pain.
Old 6th March 2014, 02:24 AM

Hello, thought I'd do an update.
I did use the Verapamil lotion for about 9 mos, 6 mos religiously.
I did see a 'slight' improvement in one of the lumps on the bottom of my foot.
When I went back to the dr- he said "I should just learn to live with it" which I have done. (This after I mentioned I did not get the results I was expecting.) I do use a good, cushiony insole in my work shoes- I only feel the lumps at the end of the day if I am very tired and have been on my feet too many hours.
Fast forward almost 3 years- the lumps are still there- I am living with it. I now notice I have similar on my other foot.
In hindsight, think the very expensive lotion helped a 'little' bit but not worth the $1200. price tag I paid.
My advice mirrors my podiatrists- if you can live with it, do so.
I am.
Good luck!