1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

cheilectomy

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by paul close, Aug 9, 2011.

1. paul close

paul close New Member

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I will be undergoing a cheilectomy on my left foot which has halux rigitus
    how long is the recovery after the op as i have a holiday booked for 4 weeks after

2. FootDoc

FootDoc New Member

Anyone who is booked for surgery and has not asked and had answered this question with a response which he is confident he can trust directly from the doctor who is going to perform the procedure and who knows and has assessed him and his foot, then perhaps he should not be having surgery at all. It matters not what the experience was of someone else who doesn't know if he or she has had exactly the same surgery, who certainly is in many ways different from you in health, pain tolerance and healing capability and has different activity needs. It would seem to me that this would have been one of the first things you would have discussed with your surgeon before accepting both the recommendation for surgery and the booking date. If you did and do not trust the answer you received, then what in the world are you thinking?