1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

"lump" under foot after surgery

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    I'm desperate at this point. In April of this year I had a bilateral bunion repair and Right foot 2nd hammertoe repair. My Left foot healed very well, but I am still having A LOT of pain in my right foot. I can only describe it as walking on a marble, but the pain is severe. I have had 4 cortisone injections, a walking boot, and was in a cast with no weight bearing for a month. The pain is the same. I have a sever limp and even walking the grocery store is exhausting. I am an RN and I am about to lose my job because I cannot be on my feet for more than an hour let alone 12 1/2 hrs to work. Physically there is no lump, there is a small amount of swelling under my 2nd toe. no callous, minimal nerve pain in my big toe. X-rays are clear and MRI shows 'swelling'. I have had a 2nd opinion that diagnosed RSD, but I do not believe that is what I have. I have been continuing to see my surgeon and will be going for a 3rd opinion. Would appreciate any input, comments, thoughts from anyone.
    Thank you

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Commiserations about your foot.
    Unfortunately I can offer no solution other than to say I have a similar problem in so far as I have a constant 'walking on a pebble sensation' after foot surgery three years ago to remove an alleged enchondroma from the dorso-lateral aspect of the left second metatarsal. The surgeon came up with no solution and I have long since ceased communication. I will have to bear the cost of an MRI, which similar to your case, may only say 'swelling'.