1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Swollen Foot

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 10, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Since I was a child (about 10 yrs) my right foot seems to swell up in the summer. No pain. As a 10 year old, a doctor put my foot in a cast, which didn't work - they didn't know what to do. I'm 55 years old now and have dealt with this all my life - I only get swelling on that one foot in a few different ways - summer heat; airplane rides or if I've had too much alcohol. Gout has been ruled out. I know that my grandmother also had swollen feet (both) and my 88 year old mother has them as well - so bad that her shoes are tight - her doctors cannot figure it out either. It really doesn't bother me - but I really don't want to have my feet turn out like theirs are. I'm an active person and I take no medications. Any clue what this might be?