foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Unable to bend toes

Old 19th September 2011, 04:10 AM
Unregistered

Default Unable to bend toes

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I broke two metatarsals of my foot a while back and it's now fully healed. One major thing though: I can no longer bend the toes of that foot. They flex a little bit but it feels weirdly uncomfortable if I try it and they can't close all the way. Or even most of the way. My pinky toe doesn't even flex down at all, though it'll sometimes jerk sideways. The joints of the toes don't bend at all though they'll move downwards a bit at the base of where they connect to the foot. I can flex them with my hands without pain, they just can't move by themselves.

Meanwhile the toes on my uninjured foot are like a monkey's - very strong and flexible, the way they've been since birth.

Is that a common result of breaking your foot? I've never heard of anything like it before. It doesn't really bother me, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has a similar experience.
Old 27th December 2011, 04:56 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Unable to bend toes

I know that you wrote this back in Sept but I'm hoping that the author may see this response. I have the same issue going on after ORIF surgery on my 5th metatarsal. My fracture was a comminuted avulsion fracture and also a fibrous non union. I had surgery 3 months to the day after the injury. I had the surgery almost six weeks ago and I've been weight bearing, with a walking boot, for only three weeks. I can flex my toes although not very well and they don't move together but it's still early for me. But my small toe doesn't flex at all. Not a bit! I know it's still early in my recovery but I hope it just wasn't to long before I had the surgery. But it's really like I have two feet that are from two different people.
Sponsored Links