1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Disabling Foot pain for 4 months?

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    My 50 year old mother has been having foot pain for almost 4 months now. She is now at the point where she almost can't walk. She has seen something like 6 different foot doctors that have all given a different diagnosis. This is very frustrating.

First, they said she had plantar fasciitis, but this can't be because she barely has any pain on the plantar fascia. The pain seems to be on the top of the foot near the ankle. But she says that her entire foot hurts in general when she tries to walk on it.

Another doctor said that she had a torn ligament. She has been in physical therapy for weeks, and it has made no noticeable difference. About a week and a half ago, they put her in an air cast. The cast seems to be very uncomfortable and no real improvement has been made yet.

Yet ANOTHER diagnosis said that she *may* have a fractured bone. You would think that the MRIs and X-Rays would reveal the answer. Why are they unable to find the cause?

Blood test results don't show signs of any sort of disease, and arthritis has already been ruled out. She is an extremely active person that exercises and works at job that requires her to be on her feet all the time. I'm inclined to think that she has a stress or overuse injury.

I'm at my wits end. What treatment will work? How long will it take? I'm afraid that the physical therapy might actually be injuring her even more.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had 3 micro fractures that only showed up when they did a bone scan, basically and mri with dye

3. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I will look into the bone scan, thank you.

4. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It has been a major struggle trying to get a doctor to see her. They want to make her wait more than a week.

In the meantime, say that she does have some sort of micro fracture in her foot. What is the best treatment? What is the prognosis?

5. Amari

Amari New Member

normally physical therapy is vary person to person that doesnt mean it not beneficial for her in the same case will not beneficial for u but one thing i want to add here u have to more concesious while choosing ur physical therapist it must be the best in market........