1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

burning sensation in feet and ankles when I try and rest

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Rik, Oct 21, 2011.

1. Rik

Rik Guest

Since I was 11 this has been a problem (I am currently 40), When I get off my feet whether to rest midday or in the evening my ankles and feet feel like they are on fire. I end up slapping them together at times hard enough to wake my wife. The pain from the slap for a short time alleviates the burning sensation but it always returns. Over the years I have tried a myriad of pain killers and for seven years used meth to mask the problem, being as on meth i never had to stop long enough for them to hurt, and when I did finally rest i was so exhausted i went from running to sleeping in one movement. I am now two years clean and am working to maintain that. Problem is the pain is getting worse, and my sleep is getting severely interrupted, 3-5 hours a night normally which is really running me down.

A little history, I wore casts till I was 3 years of age because I was born pigeon toed and they had to twist my feet around, My knees are in pretty bad shape from this, and really I have searched high and low for any answer, and have found none. Any idea's or help you may offer is greatly appreciated Rik