foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Burning/Pain on side of foot

Old 8th September 2008, 11:06 PM
Unregistered

Default Burning/Pain on side of foot

I cannot pinpoint any reason for having this annoying/painful sensation. It is on the outside of my foot, heel side of the bone at the middle of the foot. Painful-ish (2 of 5) when walking, or if I rest my foot in cotact with something. Seems to be getting worse after 24 hours. Yesterday morning I took an easy walk for 30 minutes (not typical), I am not substantially overweight. I was wearing sneakers.
Old 12th September 2008, 07:03 PM

Default Re: Burning/Pain on side of foot

There is certainly not enough information here to even offer a wild guess, even if wild-guessing would be appropriate . . and it is NOT. See a podiatrist for an evaluation.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:31 AM

Smile Re: Burning/Pain on side of foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I cannot pinpoint any reason for having this annoying/painful sensation. It is on the outside of my foot, heel side of the bone at the middle of the foot. Painful-ish (2 of 5) when walking, or if I rest my foot in cotact with something. Seems to be getting worse after 24 hours. Yesterday morning I took an easy walk for 30 minutes (not typical), I am not substantially overweight. I was wearing sneakers.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:36 AM

:confused
Old 16th September 2008, 03:38 AM

please felt this burning foot in couple month now,I confuse what the cause of this proplem.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:53 AM

I wanted to know what the symtom of this problem?I felt burning on one side of my right foot, on top of two small toes.
Old 16th September 2008, 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaipain View Post
I wanted to know what the symtom of this problem?I felt burning on one side of my right foot, on top of two small toes.
Old 16th September 2008, 04:39 AM
Unregistered

ask the drs at heelspurs.com
they will at least ask you more questions to help you express details
Old 25th February 2010, 01:58 AM
Unregistered

I have a constant throbbing burning pain on the outside of my right foot, there is a small lump, it is really bad when i am walking but still hurts when i am at rest, will it go of its own accord?
Old 16th October 2010, 10:32 AM
So much pain

Exclamation Numb toes and throbbing foot pain.

Ive been in so much pain the last 3 weeks and it seems to be getting worse.
My right foot throbs and I get shooting pain into my toes. I suffered a back injury about 8 years ago and get weekly injections to help numb the pain. I've never had this pain in my foot though. My left leg is also numb/tingling from the knee down.
I recently had an X-ray of my right foot and nothing showed up. I have a spine MRI booked next week but my back seems to be okay at the moment. This pain is waking me out of the very littl sleep that I do get. I was awaken and in tears not being able to even touch my foot.....please help!!!

Sorry, this should be a new post
Old 16th October 2010, 01:47 PM

This forum is for problems treatable by podiatry. If you are having nerve symptoms from the knee down, it is not likely a foot problems.
Old 19th October 2011, 03:48 AM
Unregistered

Red face Re: Burning/Pain on side of foot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaipain View Post
I feeling burning senstion on right side of foot
Old 28th August 2012, 05:31 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have the same thing, burning on the outside edge of my foot, especially my heel, more on my right foot, but a little on the left, too. From what I understand it has to do with a spinal nerve, L14 is what the nerve charts say. So the pain in your (and my) foot comes from a problem in the lower back. You can tell the pain doesn't originate in the foot because there's no actual tenderness there, and massage doesn't make any difference. Mine started when I was moving out of my house and lifting lots of heavy boxes and stooping over many times a day. I'm small and not overweight and in good physical condition. Physical therapists say that it may eventually stop hurting on its own, and I notice that some days its better than other days, but it has been going on for 2 years now. There are a few drugs to treat it (Lyrica is one) and I'm thinking about asking a doctor about these. Otherwise I just try to keep my foot out of contact with anything when I'm sitting or lying around. Otherwise I don't notice it much. I tried working with a chiropractor, but that didn't help. I try to be careful about not abusing my back too much and I do yoga. Sometimes I try putting ice on my lower back which may be helping a little bit.