1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Ankle Sprain swelling

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Members do not see these Ads. Sign Up.
    Hey guys
    i had an Ankle sprain around 9 months back and the pain was gone in few days or a week but the swelling is still there its in my left foot inner side, i had visited the doctor next day of impact and followed his advice and after few months the swelling decreased but it has not completely gone. i visited the doctor time and again as i was worried about the swelling thing , he kept on saying that the swelling will go away but it has been 9 months how much more should i wait. . the main question is what should i do??

2. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

I had the same exact problem and it turned out I had accessory navicular syndrome. Turns out to be quite common (10% or so), but symptoms did not show until I sprained my foot. It it something your doctor should not take 9 months to diagnose, but with that said, the symptoms we share are very similar. See what information you can find about it online and see if your symptoms are the same. Best of luck to you.