foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Physical therapy after Jones fracture

Old 25th November 2011, 06:56 PM

Default Physical therapy after Jones fracture

Does anyone have any information about how to rehab after a Jones fracture? I've not had surgery. I've been in a boot (non-weightbearing)for about 6 weeks. I am in my first week of putting some weight on my booted foot while using crutches. After 2 weeks of that, I am supposed to walk with one crutch (booted foot) for 1 week. Then I am supposed to walk without any crutch with the boot on. On December 19 I see my doctor again and am supposed to be able to put a shoe on and walk out of the office.

This all sounds good (and a little impossible), but I'm wondering about what physical therapy I can be doing to make this transition work. Xrays show that the bone is truly healing, but my foot is so stiff from non use. I'm supposed to wiggle my toes and start rotating my ankle. Has anyone else been through this? Do you have any encouraging words or words of advice? I'd really appreciate it!!!