1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Reinjured Metatarsal Break

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Bergman1918, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Bergman1918

Bergman1918 New Member

I broke my 2nd and 3rd metatarsals 11 weeks ago. Was given a CamWalker boot and told to stay off it. About nine days ago I was told to leave the crutches behind and begin to walk on it with the boot.

I was limping around but keeping my foot mostly flat because it still hurt to put pressure on the toe end of my foot.

Yesterday I was riding my bike (I know I shouldn't have been) and lost my balance while stopping. I stepped down onto my foot with all my weight and it was very painful. Today, one day later, my foot is very tender and is no longer able to bear weight. I'm back on the crutches.

It is not black and blue or swollen, so I don't think I re-broke the bone, but it hurts a lot. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas as to the damage I incurred? My guess is that I stretched the muscles/ligaments because they hadn't been used in so long?

I'm really hoping this will not set back my healing much. My goal was to begin working in ten days. It seemed possible before, but now I'm not sure.

Any thoughts? Does anyone have experience reinjuring their foot after they began to walk on it?

Thank you.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2011