foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Jones Fracture - Screw Removal?

Old 9th February 2012, 01:28 AM
Unregistered

Default Jones Fracture - Screw Removal?

I suffered a Jones Fracture on Aug 15, 2011. I had surgery to have a screw inserted on Aug 26, 2011.

As of November, the X-rays showed that the bone is completely healed. However, I still have pain in my foot up to now. The pain is not constant and appears only sometimes depending on how I step on or position my foot. The pain is also not where the incision is, but higher up on the same side of the foot. When I press down on the spot with my fingers, there is no pain. Could this pain be coming from the screw?? I am going to see my doctor this Wednesday, but I am wondering what other people's experiences have been.

Also, if I have to have the screw taken out how long will it be until I am back on my feet again?