foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

A bump with a hole in it?

Old 7th March 2012, 01:30 AM
OPB

Default A bump with a hole in it?

Hi, about a month ago I first noticed a bump on my foot. It's on the right hand side under my right foot, just on the edge of the thick skin from my heel. It's only about a centimetre round and when you look from the side it only protrudes a milimetre or two (not unlike the size of a mosquito bite). It's uncomfortable to walk barefoot, although I don't feel it when I have shoes on. Squeezing or pressing on it hurts as though there's something sharp in there. The skin is very slightly darker on the bump, but no darker than the natural variation around my heel.

Our first thought was a splinter working its way out as I do like to walk barefoot, but I'd have expected that to have pus around it? This skin is solid, like a corn or something. But the really disturbing this is that there's a hole in the centre. You barely even see it, it's only a milimetre or two across and it it looks like another piece of shedding skin on my feet at the moment. But last night I stuck some needle nosed tweezers in to see if I could find a splinter etc, and they went in 3-4mm before hitting the bottom. I don't recall the hole being there to start with, so I think it may be growing. There's no blood or pus or anything coming out, but it may be that it's actually like a deep blister that the thick skin is masking. Now I've found the hole I'm worried that there's an infection or a parasite burrowing into me although there's nothing to see :/

Would a splinter behave that way? Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 09:11 AM
JCW

Default Re: A bump with a hole in it?

I read this and couldn't believe it. I have developed the same thing. At first I thought it might be a bone spur or something of the sort. It has continued to grow and harden but at the top is a circular area that is depressed. It has a general dull pain that is slightly worse when you push directly down on it, but the pain increases greatly with pressure parallel to the skin (like drawing a finger across it). Would love some insight into this.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th March 2012, 02:44 AM
Unregistered

The same thing happened to me too. I think it's gotten bigger. Also another one appeared on the same foot and on the other one too. I'm just scared if it's cancerous.
Old 9th June 2012, 11:38 PM
Unregistered

Question Re: A bump with a hole in it?

I got mine a week ago. Has anybody figured out what it was?
Old 30th July 2012, 06:00 AM
Unregistered

Unhappy Re: A bump with a hole in it?

Oh my gosh! I have one of those, too! Has anyone figured out what it is?! It's starting to worry me becasue it hurts; I didn't notice it until I stepped on something and it pressed on it... Please help!
Old 31st July 2012, 03:21 AM

If it hurts you should consult your doctor. that is the very first thing you should consider when it comes to foot pain or problems.
Old 3rd August 2012, 06:45 AM
Unregistered

Smile Re: A bump with a hole in it?

It's called a plantar wart. It will eventually go away without the help of a doctor. My mother used to get them when she was young and I have one on my foot as well but it is by my toes. I asked her about it and she said it takes quite awhile to go away but they will eventually. I think they come from walking around outside barefoot.
Old 5th August 2012, 04:42 PM

Probably a plantar wart (Can't tell without seeing it)

In most cases it goes away by itself, but you must try to reduce pressure from the area by not wearing tight shoes.
It some cases it can also be surgically removed.
Old 19th August 2012, 02:54 AM
Unregistered

Use compound-w patches from the drugstore. I have one of those now, and it seemed to get worse but now it is dying. It should speeden the process.