1. Welcome to the Foot Health Forum community where you can ask about foot problems and get help, as well as be up-to-date with the latest foot health information. Only registered members can ask a question, but you do not need to register to respond and give help. Please become part of the community (here) and check out the shop.

Foot crater

Discussion in 'Ask your questions here' started by Unregistered, May 2, 2012.

1. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

Hello, sorry if this question has been asked before. I tried making searches with similar terms, but have found nothing of use.

Three or so years ago I started playing football (hard surface, astro trainers). First it was once a week for an hour, then after about a year it was twice a week, and has been ever since.

When I first started playing frequently a blister formed on the ball (big toe side) of my right foot. It was probably about an inch in diameter. The blister never went away and I just played through it. What seemed to be happening after a while was that a crater was being dug into my foot - after ever game I could see a new layer of skin, as well as the broken edge of all the old layers.

I was hoping that eventually the skin would join back up again, but this never happened.

The skin is much harder and tougher now, but it is not continuous. I have what appears like a sort of ulcer on the sole of my foot - but with hard, dead skin and little pain. It is a couple of square centrimeters in area. The "sides" are living skin and instead of joining and growing back over they actually seem to grow "up" forming a kind of ridge. In the middle a big, very hard knob of dead skin and other random debris grows up, totally separate from the sides.

I have tried filing this whole lot down with a pumice stone, but I can never make it totally flat. After a couple of days the living skin around the sides grows up again and the whole thing starts to take on the "ulcer" like appearance again.

Anyhow, sorry for the essay. I tried to describe the whole issue as succinctly as possible.

Thanks in advance.