foot health forum  
Discususion and Information on Foot Problems

Go Back   Foot Pain & Foot Health Forum > Main > Ask your questions here

Numbness between big toe and 2nd toe

Old 21st May 2012, 07:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Numbness between big toe and 2nd toe

First of all, thank you for providing a place to ask questions! Last week, one of my kindergarteners stepped on my foot REALLY hard. It was either later that evening or the next day that I noticed that the area between my big toe and the 2nd toe has gone almost completely numb. I can feel pressure if you touch the area, but it feels very much like when your foot goes to sleep, except it's restricted to that one area. It doesn't hurt at all, but it is really annoying. I never wear high heels, and always wear shoes with good support, so I don't think it's something that was caused by long-term abuse. I am in the US, and I have very good insurance, but I'm unsure whether or not I should see a doctor about this, or if I should just wait it out. I'm guessing that it's a pinched nerve, but of course I don't really know, since I'm not a doctor. If I do need to see a doctor, would I see a regular family care physician, or go straight to a podiatrist? Thank you for your help!
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:55 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Numbness between big toe and 2nd toe

No responses on here, but I thought I'd update just in case anyone else ever has the same problem. I talked to my best friend yesterday, who just happens to be a physical therapist. She thinks that the nerve in my foot has actually been severed due to trauma, and says that it should regenerate without issue, as long as I kind of baby it for a while. Hope this helps someone in the future!
Sponsored Links
Old 23rd August 2012, 07:10 AM
A welcome new poster

Default Re: Numbness between big toe and 2nd toe

I'm glad I found your post! I was trying to look at my big toe closely and think I pulled it too hard. My big toe is now numb on the side. It is also numb inbetween my second toe and a little bit up my second toe as well. I believe it is similar to your situation and is a nerve issue. Do you have feeling back? If so, how long did it take for it to heal?